The best short story I’ve read in a long time on the difference between Republicans and Democrats goes like this:
An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that the Democratic Party philosophy worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.
The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on the “Democrat’s plan".. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A.
After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.
The second test average was a D! No one was happy. When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F.
As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.
To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that the Democratic Party plan would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed. It could not be any simpler than that.
In other words:
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
This simple story explains why I’m proud to belong to the Republican Party. My Party believes in protecting Faith, Family and, Freedom without compromising Fiscal responsibility. We believe in lower taxes, limited government, individual responsibility, the sanctity of Life and Marriage. These principles will keep our Country strong and they are the principles that will lead us all to brighter future.
Raul Lopez has been called to prison ministry at Men of Valor where he has managed Aftercare/Re-Entry and Family Ministry outreach programming for the past 7 years. He was an alternate delegate for the George W. Bush 2004 campaign and served as Communications Director for the Tennessee GOP. Since 2004 Raul has started two PACs and has served on the board of another. He also worked as TN. Hispanic Outreach Coordinator for Senator John McCain’s 2008 Presidential campaign.